Two Types of Insulated Rail Joint and the Difference of Common Rail Joint and Insulated Rail Joint
Rail joint, also called rail fish plate, is used for connecting the ends of two rails. Rail joint plays an irreplaceable in securing the safety of the passengers and vehicles. Rail fish plate can be classified into many types in shape, common rail joint, glued rail joint, compromise joint bar, insulated rail joint, bulged rail joint.
Common types of Rail ]oint
Common Rail Joint
Common rail joint is widely used in rail track, and it has regular shape, with 4 holes or 6 holes on it. There are different standards of common fish plates to fit BS, UIC, GB, DIN, Africa, America steel rails.
Compromise Rail Joint
Compromise rail joint is used to connect two different rail sections and fit both rails exactly.
Insulated Rail Joint
Insulated rail joint are usually used for electrical resistance. It can be classified into bonded insulated rail joint and non-bonded ones.
Two Types of Insulated Rail Joint
Bonded insulated rail joint
Boned insulated rail joints are used to separate electric circuit in tracks and turnouts. Usually used in long welded rails, they must be able to transfer longitudinal forces arising in the track.
Advantages of Bonded Insulated Rail Joint
- Good electrical resistance in the long welded rails
- Impact-free transition between rails
- Reduce the noise, increase travelling comfort and prolong the service life of steel rail
- Four holes or six holes are all available
Poly-insulated Rail Joint
Polyurethane insulated rail joint is with a polyurethane insulation bonded to micro-alloy joint bar sections. This polyurethane plate can provide reliable circuit isolation and maintain electrical stability in the heavy rails under varying environmental conditions.
Advantages of Poly-Insulated Rail Joint
- Provide reliable circuit isolation and maintain the physical and electrical stability in rail track under different conditions.
- The polyurethane plate bonded to the rail joint provides superior insulation between the rail track and steel rails.
- The polyurethane plate and the rail joint forms a firm structure, they can serve for many years with little or no maintenance.
- Different specifications for choose to meet the different sizes of AREMA rail joint.
- Simple structure with easy installation, the insulated joint kit and the insulated bushing are packaged to each client.
The Difference of Common Rail Joint and Insulated Rail Joint
- Common rail fish plate is usually made of steel, while insulated rail joint is usually with insulated coating or polyurethane plate.
- Common rail joint is electricity conductive, while insulated rail joint has the features of non-conductivity and non-magnetic, corrosion-resistance.
- Common rail joint usually connects the end of two rails with rail bolt. Insulated coating and the polyurethane plate are needed in between the rail track and the rail joint before bolted with fish bolt.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel free to contact us!